Assorted short topics
- GIF - it is possible to list recommended reviewers, even though it is not on the form.
Uri Gophna - update status on the pension plan for new (post 2003) PIs :
- The issue is still not signed; No court ruling in sight
- TAU is interested in starting to implement benefits, even before ruling:
- Maanak Klita - implemented; Rec: take now what you can - not likely to get lower tax in future
- 3 months salary bonus - not implemented yet
- A few smaller issues
Yuval Ebenstein - direct purchasing from the US
- The possiblity of purchasing directly from US companies (bypassing their local reps) is checked (logistically and legally)
- May get the aid of AFTAU
- If you know of any large price diffs (>50%) between US and locally-offered prices for any goods - pass info to Yuval.
- Information sharing through Quartzy (http://www.quartzy.com/) - Yuval may pass some suggestions/tutorial
- Can see what reagents are available in your "circle" (neighboring labs), how much they paid, etc.
Noam Shomron - checking the option for group purchase, to get discounts
Suggested topics for this year
- How to run a group
- Collaborations: When? How? How much?
- When should you cut? (a project/ student)
- Common resources in TAU
- Topics from the HFP workshop
- Department motivation/spirit - how to build it?
- Managing money through the ERP
- Conferences: To which should you go? Send your students?
- Student give/take (carrot/stick) considerations
- 05 Dec 2011