Update: drawing money from the Maanak through a pension account (Shai Avidan)
It is possible to draw money from the Maanak Klita into a pension savings account opened for this purpose. The amount that can be drawn is limited by some celining on total deposit into pension, depending on your yearly income (correct?)
The account can be closed the next day, and money transfered to your regular account, with no commission (correct?)
A representative of Migdal (Shahar Taub?) sits in the faculty of medicine tuesdays every (1 or 2?) weeks. You can coordinate a meeting with him to get the paperwork for the pension account (phone: 052-4313884)
(Jan 2012): the current rep is Ilanit, tel: 054-3300835
Ways to improve your department
Some ideas/issues raised:
- Many of the departments are "old" on average
- Scientifically fragmented (several areas of research with no strong connections between them)
- What is the optimal size?
- A coffee machine in a common area can do wonders (physics) - it becomes a place for random meetings and interactions
- A yearly departmental fun day : either trip, some activity, some food. Can become an anticipated tradition.
- 04 Jan 2012